Milan Milanovic is a Senior Software Engineer at EPS, Serbia.
His areas of interests are: Modeling and metamodeling, Model transformations, Rule and policy-based process modeling, Object-Oriented software development using UML, Formal methods (Predicate logic, OCL), Rule languages, Business modeling, Business rules, Service Oriented Architectures, Ontologies and Model-Driven Engineering (MDE).
He is a member of the GOOD OLD AI Research Network (since 2005.), ACM and IEEE Computer Society.
• 2007. - 2010. Ph.D. in Computer Science at the Department of Information Systems and Technologies, FON - School of Business Administration, University of Belgrade, Serbia. Supervised by: Prof. Vladan Devedzic.
• 2005. - 2007. M.Sc. in Software engineering and informatics at the Department of Information Systems and Technologies, FON - School of Business Administration, University of Belgrade, Serbia. Supervised by Prof. Vladan Devedzic. GPA: 9.7 out of 10.0.
• 2004. - 2005. Professional master in Internet technology at the Department of Information Systems and Technologies, FON - School of Business Administration, University of Belgrade, Serbia. Supervised by Prof. Sinisa Vlajic. GPA: 9.6 out of 10.0.
• 2002. - 2004. Bachelor of Science with Honors in Computer Engineering Management (B.Sc.), from the Department of Computer Engineering of the Graduate School of Business Studies in Belgrade, Serbia. GPA: 9.5 out of 10.0. University scholarship in the fourth year for superior academic achievements.
• 1999. - 2001. Graduated with a degree in computer sciences (A.Sc.), from the Department of New Computing Technologies of the College of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade, Serbia. GPA: 9.3 out of 10.0. Ranked top 1% in class.
Click for theses
» 2004. - present - ELECTRIC POWER INDUSTRY OF SERBIA, PUBLIC COMPANY - COAL MINES "Kolubara", Section for Automatic Data Processing, Department for development of technical applications.
• Senior Software Engineer working on following projects:
• Coal Quality (Eclipse + EJB3 + Hibernate + Spring framework + Acegi Security + Struts 2 + JUnit 4 + JMock + JFreeChart + JasperReports + SVN + JIRA + Patterns).
• ArchiDoc Web Document Management System (Netbeans + EJB2 + Struts + JSP + JUnit 3 + Patterns).
• Other projects (CMS for Web portal & CD presentation, E-commerce Web site implementation...).
• Java courses for leading software developers (Basic, Advanced, Web, J2EE).
• Senior Java consultant for various projects.
» 2001. - 2002. - Abell Soft company, Serbia.
• Software developer working on following projects:
• E-Store application for on-line selling of books, in PHP/MySQL.
• Complete code and design of a business packages STR 1.1 and FinanceBusiness 1.0 (for distributed environment) for small and medium companies, in Microsoft Visual C++, using MFC, Win32, PHP and MS Access (DAO, ODBC).
• Active IT consulting for a number of companies.
rBPMN editor - Model Driven Engineering of Policy and Rule-based Service Oriented Architectures (link).
Milan is currently working on the Next-Gen SOA, trying to integrate business processes (BPMN2) and rules (R2ML), by using MDE techniques. See rBPMN editor project.
- Milanović, M., Gašević, D., "Modeling Service Choreographies with Rule-enhanced Business Processes", the Fourteenth IEEE International EDOC Conference (IEEE EDOC 2010), Vitória, ES, Brazil, 25-29 October 2010.
- Milanović, M., Gašević, D., Giurca, A., Wagner, G., Devedžić, V., "Bridging Concrete and Abstract Syntax in Model Driven Engineering: A Case of Rule Languages", Software: Practice and Experience, Wiley, 2009.
- Milanović, M., Gašević, D., Wagner, G., Hatala, M., "Rule-enhanced Business Process Modeling Language for Service Choreographies", in Andy Schuerr, Bran Selic (Eds): Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems, 12th International Conference, MODELS 2009, Denver, Colorado, USA, October 4-9, 2009, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 5795.
Click for complete list of publications >