Goran Šimić received his B.S. degree in Electronic Warfare (EW) from the Military Academy, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro, M.S. degree in informatics from the Department of of Information Systems, FON - School of Business Administration, University of Belgrade, Serbia, and PhD degree in Computer science, FIM - Faculty of Informatics and Management, Singidunum University Belgrade, Serbia. He is a lecturer of computer applications in EW at the Department of EW technologies, Military Academy, Belgrade, Serbia. Also he teaches expert systems, object-oriented programming and modeling, and buisness software applications. His current research interests are in the area of Web-based e-learning, interoperability between different learning resources & systems, and integration between intelligent tutoring systems and learning management systems. So far, he has authored/co-authored about 10 research papers. Also, he contributed in three books. Mr. Shimic is a member of the GoodOldAI research network.
Click for more >
- August 1986 - July 1990 - B.S. in Electronic Warfare, Military Academy, Belgrade, Serbia
- October 1997 - December 2004 - M.S. in Computer science, FON - School of Business Administration, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- February 2005 - March 2009 - PhD in Computer science, FIM - Faculty of Informatics and Management, Singidunum University Belgrade, Serbia
- October 1997 - 2009- Lecturer of Computers in EW, Military Academy, Belgrade, Serbia
- October 2003 - 2009- Teaching assistant, Department of Computer engineering, Colledge of Buisness Informatics, Belgrade, Serbia
- October 2009 - present - Assistant professor, Department of Computer engineering, Military Academy, Belgrade, Serbia
Intelligent tutoring systems, learning management systems, Web applications, learning technologies, XML-based interoperability, integration between software engineering and knowledge engineering techniques, and expert system shells based on Java technologies.
- Šimić, G., Gašević, D., Devedžić, V., "Ontologies in Intelligent
Learning Management Systems", SWEL04 International conference, Japan, 8th November, 2004.
- Šimić, G., Gašević, D., Devedžić, V., "Semantic Web and Intelligent
Learning Management Systems," 2nd International Workshop on Applications of Semantic Web Technologies for E-Learning (at the 7th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems), Maceió-Alagoas, Brazil, 2004.
- Šimić, G., "Integration of LMS and ITS", LOKMOL05 International
conference, Kaiserslautern, Germany, 10-13 April 2005.
- Jevremović A., Veinović M., Šimić G., „Analysis and Implementation of Custom Cipher Algorithm for IPSec under Linux OS“, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Volume Number: Vol.8, No.7
- G. Šimić, “Technology Enhanced Learning Tools”, in M. Lytras, D. Gašević, P. Ordonez de Pablos, W. Huang, „Technology Enhanced Learning - Best Practices“, IGI Publishing Hershez New York, 2008, pp. 1-27, ISBN-978-159904600-6
- AN APPROACH TO DOCUMENT CLUSTERING USING HYBRID METHOD, Simic, G., Kajan E., Jeremic Z., and Randjelovic D., IADIS International Conference e-Society 2012, 03/2012, Berlin, (2012)
- Problem-based learning in formal and informal learning environments, Shimic, G., and Jevremovic A. , Interactive Learning Environments, 08/2012 , Volume 20, Number 4, p.351-367, (2012)
Click for more >
- Computer applications in EW (1997 - present)
- Buisness software applications (2003 - present)
- Object-oriented programming and modeling: C++ and UML (present)
- Expert systems (present)
- EW Protection Measures and Countermeasures (present)
- Developing of Java based Web and mobile aplications (present)