Since 2003, Violeta is a researcher in the field of the Semantic Web and intelligent Web technologies. In November 2006, she joined Salzburg Research as a senior researcher. Prior to that she held a position as an application developer and a project manager in banking. She is also a member of the GOOD OLD AI research network at the University of Belgrade, and an external lecturer at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences. She received her BSc, MSc and PhD degrees in Information Systems from the Department of Information Systems and Technologies, FON, University of Belgrade, in 1998, 2005 and 2008, respectively.
For more information about her research activities, please visit the following page: "research bio & pubs".
- January 2006 - November 2008 - Ph.D. in Information Systems, FON, University of Belgrade, Serbia; supervised by prof. dr Vladan Devedzic
- October 2003 - September 2005 - M.Sc. in Electronic Business, FON, University of Belgrade, , Serbia; supervised by prof. dr Vladan Devedzic.
- September 1994 - October 1998 - B.Sc. in Information Systems, FON, University of Belgrade, Serbia; supervised by prof. dr. Milan Martic and prof. dr. Slobodan Krcevinac.
- Salzburg Research, Austria - November 2006 ->
- Postal Savings Bank, Belgrade, Serbia - February 2004 - December 2006: Senior Associate
- Postal Savings Bank, Belgrade, Serbia - December 1998 - February 2004: Application programmer, Programmer Analyst
Semantic Web and ontology engineering, Web agents, Game theory
- W. Behrendt and V. Damjanovic. "Developing Semantic CMS Applications: The IKS Handbook", Salzburg Research Publisher, ISBN 978-3-902448-35-4 (1st Edition. 124 pp.). March, 2013. Online.
- T. Kurz, G. Güntner, V. Damjanovic, S. Schaffert, M. Fernandez, “Semantic Enhancement for Media Asset Management Systems: Integrating the Red Bull Content Pool into the Web of Data”, Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP) (2012), doi: 10.1007/s11042-012-1197-7, (Impact factor 2010: 0.885)
- V. Damjanovic, T. Kurz, R. Westenthaler, W. Behrendt, A. Gruber, S. Schaffert, “Semantic Enhancement: The Key to Massive and Heterogeneous Data Pools”, In Proceeding of the 20th International IEEE ERK (Electrotechnical and Computer Science) Conference 2011, Portoroz, Slovenia, 19-21 September, 2011.
- V. Damjanovic, G. Güntner, S. Schaffert, T. Kurz, D. Glachs, “Semantic Social TV”, In Proceeding of the NEM (Networked and Electronic Media) Summit 2011, Torino, Italy, 27-29 September, 2011.
Click for more >
- EAGLE (Enhanced Government Learning) - February 2014 - ...
- UNDERSTANDER - September 2013 - ....
- IKS (Interactive Knowledge Stack) - January 2009 - December 2013
- ImportNET - June 2007 - May 2010
- GRISINO - March 2006 - March 2008